Since 1932, the Mental Health Association has sought to influence key decision-makers in order to create positive changes for consumers, carers and the general public. Some of our campaigns in the past have included:
- Support for the non-smoking policy in psychiatric facilities
- Support for the closure of Rozelle Hospital
- Opposition to the early lockdown at Long Bay Prison Hospital
- Driving lessons for vulnerable young people in care
- Addressing the poor state of Oral Health Services and the 2011 NSW State Election campaign
In 2008 the MHA’s Board formed the Government Advocacy/Liaison Committee which is currently looking at the Commonwealth’s Better Access program and the Access to Allied Psychological Services program.
Members of MHA’s Board and staff sit on a number of committees to increase awareness of mental health issues.
We invite you to communicate your views on current systemic issues.
Please write to:
Ms Elizabeth Priestley
Mental Health Association NSW Inc
Level 5, 80 William St
East Sydney NSW 2011